Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for a chronograph?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I concur for Alaska and the variable lighting issue. Used to get up to 100 fps variation between sessions with same lot of ammo from my ChronyB (not due to temperature). Magnetospeed solved the problem. All loads shoot high due to the "tuner" effect in my rifles so you need to sight in without the unit attached. Keep the Chrony for pistols, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by sep:
I've owned two Chronys and a Pact. I started getting 100 fps variations in my velocities so I called PACT and they told me where I live in Alaska the angle of the sun in the summer can create a problem for the sensors.

I bought a CED millennium and continued to get erroneous readings varying by 100fps but not consistently so based on my geographic location after seeing one in action at my local gun range and spending quite a bit of time discussing it's performance with the owner and internet searching for comparisons I bought a magnetospeed. Velocity variation problem solved. It isn't perfect but for my situation it's been consistent so far.

One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rule 303:
had a chrony got inconsistant results. Bought a CED Millenium, could not be happier.

I've got the CED Millennium 2 no problems with the IR screens. Put my .338wm through the top of both censors the other day, cleared the broken glass from it, patched with Pratley putty and works perfectly. + for having the censors & computer separate. It looks like as if it picked up a bad rash though!

Posts: 160 | Location: Johannesburg- South Africa | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote