Notify
Tools

Vibratory Tumblers?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BoomRM
posted
Guys,

I have never owned one, and need some advice. I am looking for a 110v tumbler with a 100-200 CF rifle case capacity. I'm always looking for a value, but not against having to pay the price for one which wouldn't have to be replaced in the distant future.
Thanks for any info,
Boom

My .25-06 shoots 1/4" all day long.....

Posts: 82 | Location: Utah | Registered: 29 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BoomRM
posted Hide Post
Should have used "Search" first. I'm in the process of reading a million prior posts!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Honestly, this cheapie Frankford arsenal vibratory has been going good for about 5 years.

I'll probably get something a little better (hopefully American made) when this one finally goes.

Posts: 5184 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Although I hesitate doing business with Mid Way anymore, I've been using their tumbler for a long time. It has needed replacements of shock pads and rubber feet and a good scouring once in a while but it still does the job. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a larger Lyman Turbo. Works well. I also have a smaller RCBS. It works great and is quieter if that matters. It seems better built. If I had it to do over I would likely just get Dillon. They stand behind their products. But keep in mind almost all of these have a year ( or 2 ) motor warranty.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
I used to have a Lyman and loved it, but after my last move It is no where to be found? So I went to harbor freight and got a replacement, all I can say is it is OK and was about 40.00 Wish I had my Lyman back.

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
I have a Dillon 500 and a TT ultraVib 10 there is no comparson The TT turns over the media faster and is a 1/2 the noise as the Dillon that said and i'm sure you don't want to spend that kind of $$$ so my first one was a Lyman 500 that I bought a 1200 bowl for it worked as good as both the above but it was not quite for the money you can't beat the lyman.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BoomRM
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys. Wal-Mart has the Lyman 1200 with media for $65. Sounds like it will do the trick.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got one of the el cheapos from Midway that's been working just fine for the last 15 or so years.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote