New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Solid Base
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is it true that nosler is once again making their sold base bullets ? I used to have very good luck with a hp solid base 95 grn or 85 grn .243

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think there is only 2 ways to get them. Either by factory loads (I think federal is the one they are giving them to). OR by buying nosler 2nds from Noslers website called the shooters proshop. check the link below. They haven't offered alot of them as 2nds but look at the nice prices on partitions and accubonds.....You may want to try some of them.

http://www.shootersproshop.com/reloading.htm

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are being manufactured again. It seems that they are primarily being sold to Federal for use in certain factory loads. As Kraky mentions, they can be purchased directly from Nosler (or their retailer, Shooters Pro Shop). I haven't seen any on dealer's shelves, so I don't know if any are being distributed by regulary wholesalers.

The .224/55, 6mm/100, and .270/130 are my all time favorites in these calibers. Will hunt whitetails this year with a stock of old .270/130's.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
hard luck,

They are making the SPs again but, I don't think they are making the HP versions. I saw an old box of the .308 HPSBs the other day (168s) at the gun shop.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've recently started encountering some Nosler solid base Ballistic Tip bullets in .243. I was quite surprised since I thought I was buying boattails. I understand Nosler is also making the bullet jackets a bit thicker now. It's good to see that someone occasionally does listen to the shooters. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote