THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: anyone using the NEW PACT Trickler/Scale combo

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: anyone using the NEW PACT Trickler/Scale combo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thanks Jeff, most seem to say about 30 sec. per load...is that about correct? Roughly what is it if you dump a charge a grain down in the pan before it starts? Thanks again

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ultraman,
I have not tried the new combo, however, my 14 month old Pact Scale(the model used with the dispenser)died yesterday. If Pact does not fix it, and it appears as if they won't, I'm done with digital until a better scale comes along. A big fwiw.

Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought the digital scale and dispenser that talk to each other. It will throw a 95gr charge in 30sec or better. The warmup time was recomeended by PACT,.but have yet to see the difference. This pair of instruments works MUCH faster than trickling by hand and waiting for the scale to catch up. I am seating a bullet and checking runout while the next charge is being weighed.

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Have had the scale for a few months, and just got the trickler for Xmas.

Loaded up about 100 .454/ H110 loads. Took about 12 seconds from the time I push the button to full charge in pan (21.5 grains). It is absoulutely, 100% right on every time.

JR

posted Hide Post
I have the scale and dispenser combo. The warmup only seems to make a difference if the temperature in the room where the scale is stored gets cold. I believe the new dispenser works faster but there is no change in the scale.

My dispenser works good but with really fine ball powder such as AA#9 it tends to get in between the tubes and slows the machine a bit and makes a binding sound.

One bad thing about the scale is that the weighing pad is very delicate and if you drop the scale or something on the pad and its sensor it could be over.

Another potential problem is the two units operate on different voltage and if you get the two power cords mixed up it will fry the system.

As you calibrate the machine for each powder some powders seem to weight faster than others. Obviously, the larger the charge the longer it takes. I average about one round per minute.

Once you develop a technique for using the two they work great and you won't want to go back to a regular scale.

Fortunately, I have not had to try out the warranty so I don't know of any experience on that issue.

Posts: 19 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 19 December 2003Reply With Quote