New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 308 Brass for 7mm-08
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've used several brands of .308 brass for my 7-08 but not that brand. For capacity, I would weigh it for comparison. After you size it down to 7mm, check the OAL. And I may not try for max velocity on first firing. BM

Bill

Posts: 128 | Location: Hensley, AR | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All I buy for my 7-08AI is Winchester .308 brass. I find it to be a lot more uniform than Remington 7-08 brass. When you size it down, adjust your die down very slowly, checking for fit in your chamber. When you get a slight crush fit, you're there. Tighten down the lock ring.

Posts: 529 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For those that prefer either Winchester or Remington, I stock both for the 7mm-08.

http://www.cliffsgunsmithing.com/Catalog_Win_Brass2.htm

http://www.cliffsgunsmithing.com/Catalog_Rem_Brass2.htm

-Spencer

one of us
Picture of arky65
posted Hide Post
save your money. get some federal, winchester, or remington. bought .308 lapua brass to use for traget shooting thinking it would shave a .10 off my groups DID NOT HAPPEN .the winchester brass that i have been using shoots better groups.

jm.02
arky65

Posts: 245 | Location: arkansas/louisiana | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of floridabigfish
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advise guys. I've been using Winchester Brass with no real problems, just seem to be discarding 20%-30% when checking for case neck thickness consistancy. Was hoping that with LAPUA maybe I could skip that step. Sounds like I should just keep on doing what I'm doing. Thanks.

Posts: 318 | Location: Pinhook River, Florida | Registered: 27 March 2004Reply With Quote