THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Converting Universal Priming Arm to small primers

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converting Universal Priming Arm to small primers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ignorant question, probably. I've reloaded for 25+ years but always rifle cases with large rifle primers. Now I want to load 223Rem and 38 Spl. I have an old RCBS Rockchucker press, which I bought as a kit, with the manual spring-loaded primer arm and aluminum tube. The kit had both size primer tubes, but if it had the small primer sleeve and plug?, I have lost them. I thought I had found the parts on eBay, but what I got is not threaded, though it is similar in length to the large primer plug I have. Can anyone tell me what part number I need to order? Confused

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You need to call RCBS, or just visit their web site. The older primer plugs aren't threaded; they are held in place by a set screw. How long you been loading?
PN is RCBS 9553. Midway is out.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just found a parts list online. You are right about the part number (09553).

I just guessed as to how long I've been reloading. I'm older than shit and been loading a long time. Big Grin

Anybody need one of the older unthreaded ones???

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/Parts_Book.pdf

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 448 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RCBS says I can buy one from them for $4.99. I think I will.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
mine are unthreaded, set screw also

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you call RCBS, my money says they will send you a new small primer seater gratis. I have called them regarding items I had lost, and they replaced them for nothing. 1-800-533-5000 will get them, I believe.

Best service in the handloading industry, IMHO.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now that I have an unthreaded one that I don't need, anybody have a guess as to its part number? I have acquired the newer threaded version. Thanks for the help!