THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Recoil calculations- why does charge weight matter
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recoil calculations- why does charge weight matter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
AC,

You wrote:

"I am not sure though that your example of memory recall and stimuli response are really the same though..."

I used that as ONE example of the 'computational', or 'processing' power that can derive from parallel processing (or 'spreading activation') of a neural network.

Individual nerves are pretty slow, but the brain is much faster at processing salient information. It is a wonderful example of "...the whole is greater than the sum of its parts..."

You might note that whilst we humans have built some pretty sophisticated hardware and software, we're nowhere NEAR being able to replicate brain processing much beyond the level of a cockroach...

Food for thought... ?

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
although obviously posessed of education of some type useful to this subject,I have read some of ac's back posts and noted he wants to swoop in and offend people and run.I think he is just bored and wants to have someone to spar with.
He reminds me of a similar poster at the old outdoor life forums by the name of frosty.
why would you name yourself ass clown unless you wanted to draw attention to yourself?
i think the response number is higher in every post he is in than ones he is not in.
While I'm sure we could probably learn something from ass clown,his online persona is such that all he gets is negative responses,because that is what he wants.

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jb--Everybody picks on ass clown,including ass clown himself. I too figured when I first saw his name that he might be hard to deal with. I have rubbed elbows with him in several rooms and find him to be easy to deal with. Check back---he has entered half a dozen or so posts on this thread--that's certainly not swooping in and running. Guess maybe we need to ask how he got his name? Could it be he is an imbecile or a moron? For him saying that,he got diagnosed but no cure offered. I think Dr Kavarkian would be too drastic. Dr Phil would need his whole family--we dont know if he has one or if they in fact need help too. I think Dr Ruth would be the answer.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now you need to test the "signal distance/nerve length" response time relationship.
Load up 2 more rounds, fire one off your shoulder, and measure the time delay between trigger pull and mental sensation. Repeat, but extend the signal distance/nerve length by placing the rifle butt aganst your nut sac.
You should also test with rubber and steel butt plates on the rifle, to measure/eliminate any delays caused by absorptive materials.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Repeat, but extend the signal distance/nerve length"

To complete this phase of the experiment, you could reduce the signal distance by placing the buttstock against your forehead.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I put my boy's pet gecko on the bench this afternoon, got him to shoulder the 270, and since his short little arms couldn't reach the trigger, I did that for him...

My boys pet gecko looked a little 'winded' at the time, as in 'crushed' and it hasn't spoken to me since... in fact as I write this, I'm waiting for it to move... at all.

Sorry, 'facetious response' impulse overtook my better judgemnet...

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
12FLVSS,

I think you called this one about right! I read this "ASS_CLOWN" characters bullshit about recoil and now I see he has WISELY deleteded it! What a fuc*ing moron, or is it fuc*ing imbecile!

These posters giving you are a hard time are even bigger idiots than "ASS_CLOWN"!!

This entire site would be better off if they just banned assholes like "ASS_CLOWN"! IMHO! I sometimes wonder why I even read or post here with all these "ASS_CLOWN" characters posting hear!

Kent

Posts: 116 | Location: Cleves, IA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ass Clown--Now you have done it. I said you didnt post and run--that you had made several posts--came back and answered questions and stood your ground---now you went and deleted them all. Darn they must have been interesting posts or you wouldn't have been getting the responses to them that you did.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AC really seems to enjoy "stirring the pot" and even though many of his responses seem to be backed with knowledge I for one find it tough to trust his help.

Posts: 353 | Location: Southern Black Hills SD | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote