New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lapua Scenar bullets
 Login/Join

<Patrick_D>
posted
Has anyone experience of these in .243? The load data in the Vihtavuori manual seems to indicate that a 1-8 twist is necessary for the 105 grain bullets. Before I buy some, I'd like to find out if they will stabilise properly in a 1-10 twist (MV around 2950).

Patrick

<Made in Sweden>
posted
I have no experience in 243 but in 6,5 the scenar is a superaccurate bullet. I think it�s a worldrecordholder in 300 UIT.

<Patrick_D>
posted
I think that record is held by a Norwegian [Smile]

Unfortunately the 6.5mm are VERY difficult to get in the UK - otherwise I would have tried some by now.

<Made in Sweden>
posted
If you want to, I could try to get ahold of a box or two.....
/Peter

<vssf>
posted
Patrick

Try Peter Lawman on 07966 405 804 he advertises the 6.5 in 108/123/139 grains.

Regards

Ray

<vssf>
posted
Patrick

The price is �13.95 per 100.

Regards

Ray

<Flatin>
posted
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick_D:
[QB]I think that record is held by a Norwegian [Smile]

Yup, Harald Stenvaag --> www.stenvaag.no
Happens to be my local gunshop. He's a really nice guy.

<Patrick_D>
posted
Vssf,

Peter Lawman advertises them, but he has not got any. He has also told me that the importer is not bringing them into the country. I don't understand why - at that price they should sell really well.

This is one of the big frustrations for me. So many good things out there, and I can't get my hands on them.

Also, as these are primarily intended as target projectiles, I could buy them mail-order in the UK. I can't do that with expanding bullets [Smile]

Peter,

That's a kind offer, I may come back to you about it. Thanks.

Patrick

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would guess that a 10 inch twist would not stabilize them. I shot some in a 6BR at about 2900fps and they shot very well in windy coditions at 7,8,and 900 meters. I was shooting these out of a gain twist barrel which finished at 7.9 inch twist. I would say the rifle was shooting at the 1/2 minute level or better. I plan to try some 139s in my 6.5x55 to see if they will work better than the 142 Sierras. I can find little fault with the Sierras by the way but don't want to be complacent. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3784 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote