New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brass Catcher
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anybody have any plans for a brass catcher. I reload for 2 autoloaders and a nice portable brass catcher would be nice. I know Steve has one on his website but, that is attached to the bench. I made one that attached to my portable bench but I didn't like the way it caught the wind and caused movement of the bench itself.
Thanks

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve, I have a 45ACP Randall that I really enjoy shooting. I've had it for a long time and have "tuned it" myself. So I just fire one round and watch where the case goes. Then open a 45ACP box and place it where that first Case hit, go back to shooting and fill it up.

Only kidding! Actually, I have my Loads all Developed for it now, so I don't have to shoot mine from the Bench. I stand to the side of the Benches. What I do use and you might find will work for you, even at the Bench, is to spread out an old sheet or blanket where you expect the Cases to be tossed. Place something on the corners to keep it from blowing. One of my buddies in Raleigh uses a plastic Tarp, but if anyone steps on it, it can goof it up. When you are through, pick it up at the corners and dump the Cases into whatever you want.

One guy I know had some kind of 9mm that required two sheets/blankets, but that was not typical from what I've seen when you get the right Load.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Here's an idea from Mr Zipp, yessss that IS his real name,
a member here at the Mt Joy Sportsmen's Assoc.
Take a fishing landing net, available any sporting goods store, or garage sale, and mount it on a block of wood. The smaller mesh minnow type nets are better, and the short handled ones can sit on the bench next to ya'. Light, cheap, and work good!
Cheers,
R*2

Posts: 129 | Location: NorthEast | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote