New
Find
Notify
Tools

REDDING BODY DIE AND LEE COLLET DIE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Should I size the case body first and then neck size or is the order of business irrelevant?
thanks
Rob

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always size neck first, then body. I'm not totally sure why. If there is a reason, then I must have forgotten it in the meantime.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
I do the opposite. Use the Redding Body Die first and then neck size. My thinking is that if the body die changes the dimension on the neck then I can size it last.

But I don't think it matters.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
IMO you should body size first so you get the best chance at a straight neck. If you size the neck and then size the body you could be asking for some run-out.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote