Find
Notify
Tools

I've never seen this before
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Government auction of Redding reloading dies

So among the women's Gucci handbags and Prada boots, these Redding dies stood out like a sore thumb.

Somebody try to smuggle these out of the country? Are these dies on the ban list?

I don't think Redding is having them made overseas and somehow got caught importing them.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 900 SS
posted Hide Post
I brought a kit home last year, and had my backpack opened. When I came home they were still there only with a note that someone had searched my pack.

Posts: 408 | Location: Bardu, Norway | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somebody's been living Large ; Prada , Louis Vuitton , Gucci !.

A single set of Rifles dies hardly does it for me . I've seen similar auctions with more frequency

as of late . Sign of the times ?.

Years back I purchased top quality lab equipment from auctions such as this , for fractions of their

actual worth !. archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
I had US Customs check my carry on luggage on the way back to the UK & ended up talking reloading when he saw the dies & other stuff.
Nothing said about restrictions.

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PERHAPS some grab happy customs agent or a hugger that wanted to hassle someone "because they can and get away with it."
Custom agents are the shits. Typical gov'ment bureaucrat only worse 'cause they've got a little authority.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since it says US Treasury Auction, I suspect the IRS came down on someone for back taxes and is auctioning off everything of value.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote