Find
Notify
Tools

257 wby from 7mmremmag
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted
Can 257 wby brass be made from 7mm rem mag brass by simply resizing? Maybe from 264 win mag also?

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
It should resize it enough to chamber. Then the first firing will fireform. The brass will be just a touch short. By the time you size and fireform I would just buy new brass.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
I prefer proper headstamp whenever possible, so I wouldn't bother. 100 cases will last you long time and side step the bother and expense of fireforming... JMO...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9.3x62:
I prefer proper headstamp whenever possible, so I wouldn't bother. 100 cases will last you long time and side step the bother and expense of fireforming... JMO...

Also the wear on the throat of the rifle. Brass lasting as long as it does is cheap. 9.3X62 hits it on the head.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have run Win brand 300 Win brass thru a 7mm rem die, then to a 7 Wby, to a 270 Wby, then to 257 Wby. then one has enough brass to trim to length. Use Imperial sizing die wax!!!!!
Lyle

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey RMiller, If you do try to Reform a few, I can recommend you "Anneal" the Casenecks on them. Anytime I go to the bother fo doing a reforming, I sure don't want to loose them due to Neck Splits.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RMillier,

I was looking for some other options on this same topic a while back and here is what I found. I think you will find this thread helpful. I know I did. I am now shooting 7mm Rem Mag brass through my .257 Weatherby.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?C...arch=true#Post581026

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote