New
Find
Notify
Tools

accurate load for .300 WM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Please, I need a accurate load for my .300 WM with Reloader 22 or 25 and Sierra SPBT or Nosler Partition - 200 grs.
Thanks in advance
Hector

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We can only give you what is accurate in the guns we have or what the powder manufacturers say is accurate in the test guns in which they developed the loads they publish. Every gun will print its bullets in a different place on the target, even if the reloading data is exactly the same for any number of guns of the same caliber you want to test. This is what makes "accuracy" so hard to obtain. You have to start with a "starting load" for the bullet and powder you want to use, then adjust the powder charge upwards in small increments until you get the tightest group. You have to always use the same bullet design, same primer, same seating depth, as well as the same magnification on your scope during development. If you get to a small group but it just isn't getting any better toward what you want (there are limits), you may need to try a different bullet, different powder, different charge weight, different primer, different seating depth, et cetera. I weigh my bullets for plus/minus one-tenth of a grain, trickle my powder charges to stop adding the instant the scale hits my target weight and always set my bullets just a red hair off the lands. Accuracy is all about consistency. Do the same things over and over to establish a pattern. Then you can see the differences when you make any changes...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote