Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting Times
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Clem
posted
I see Shooting Times has a new Reloading Editor - Lane Pierce. Anyone familiar with his work? Is he a member of AR?

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lane has focused on Pistols/Revolvers as long as I've known him. I met him through his brother who lives over near Raleigh.

I've not read a lot of Lane's writing simply because I quit taking the Gun Rags years ago. If it isn't in the NRA American Hunter or Bugle, then I don't get to see it.

I can tell you he was a fine shot with a Handgun, but that is about it. Nice personable fellow when I talked to him though.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
haven't read any of his works lately. i believe he used to write for shooting times a few years back.

he seemed to be a hands on type person and tested what he reloaded. and if it sucked he told you so.

both he and layne simpson were both at shooting times during the same period.

both gave excellent reports.

pierce talked to the average joe blow and was never condescending. his reports were always interesting and informative as far as i was concerned.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote