New
Find
Notify
Tools

How bad did I screw up?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just realized that I laoded the last 100 rounds of 45acp with large RIFLE primers!

My load is 3.8 grains of clays, with a 200gr.lead SWC. I'm shooting a 1911 gov't. My first inclination is to pull them all apart and start over.

Do I need to?

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a well-below-maximum load with the normal primer. If they were mine, I'd shoot them. Your decision, though.

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Don't sweat the small shit....

Go to the range and enjoy them...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Depending how hard your hammer does or does not hit you may have some miss fires. The rifle primer cup metal is slightly thicker from what I have been told. My problem was just the opposite. I was piercing pistol primers in my 38 special rifle.If the thicker metal is fact,it would seem that slow ignition and hang fires might occure.If safely treated like any other miss fire there shouldn't be any danger. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys

I'll just use em for practice

Mike