Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x62 cast bullet data
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Johnn
posted
A while back, I acquired a quantity of 285gr cast bullets for the 9.3. Just wondering, does anyone have any data for using cast bullets in the 9.3x62???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
14 grains of Red Dot. No filler. Nice plinking, low recoil and accurate.

Posts: 74 | Location: michigan | Registered: 04 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johnn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gumfighter:
14 grains of Red Dot. No filler. Nice plinking, low recoil and accurate.

Thanks. Smiler I was wondering if there's any info out there, using something like a 285gr cast bullet with Trail Boss in the 9.3x62.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Have you tried powder coating the bullets?

I just started casting for my 470NE and Powder coating is so much easier, less messy and you can shoot them with normal powders.

I have a 9.3X62 Simson but I do not have the mould for cast bullets.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11254 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Paco Kelly wrote on using cast in Africa. His loads are full speed Jacketed bullet speeds. Paco relied on the steel in the action and barrel to do their work and never worried much about the reloading manual I don't think. Google and you will find it.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johnn
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of jacketed bullets I'm getting great accuracy results with. With these cast bullets and using Trail Boss, I'm basically just looking for a 'plinking' load.