Find
Notify
Tools

Powder Valley an up right vendor
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
roger clapEvery once in a while you run into a vendor that goes just opposite of the greed ridden tendancies of many vendors of today.

Powder Valley seems to fit that category.

I received a $400.00 order from them over the week end and one of the 8# jugs of acc. 2015 had the cap totaly off. The net of it was, after I scooped it all out of the box I lost around a pound or more.

Cutting to the quick PV offered to compsensate me. They offered far too much of a refund and I told them only to send $15.00. The check is in the mail. thumb Guess who is my first choice as a powder vender. Wink

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerGood to hear. When I go to Oklahoma I am goin gon up and pick up some and save the Haz cost.

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Have a friend who regularly travels to Oklahoma from Colorado. On the way back, he picks us up powder from PV. Have always had good luck with them.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of flutedchamber
posted Hide Post
Bartsche,

I began dealing with Powder Valley over 15 years ago, when they were still at their old place. I have spent over $2500.00 with them in many orders, and have always been very satisfied. They are truly one of the businesses that treat you the "old fashioned way".

flutedchamber

NRA LIFE MEMBER

You can trust the government. Look how well they took care of the American Indian...

Posts: 425 | Location: New Jersey The state sucks, but it's better than living in France. | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flutedchamber:
Bartsche,

I began dealing with Powder Valley over 15 years ago, when they were still at their old place. I have spent over $2500.00 with them in many orders, and have always been very satisfied. They are truly one of the businesses that treat you the "old fashioned way".

flutedchamber

My dealing with them was sure a pleasant surprise. thumbroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Roger, Do you have a net address and phone number handy?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
Hey Roger, Do you have a net address and phone number handy?

toll free-1-800-227-4299

just put powder valley inc. in the search box and hit search

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
Powder Valley is just outside of Winfield, KS. about 10 miles from my house Smiler Smiler
Gotta love saving the Hazmat fees!!
Last time I was there, I asked about their internet orders, he told me they run about 95% internet vs walk in. Great folks to deal with, and very seldom out of stock on anything.

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are about 80 miles west of me. Been over there 3 times and ordered non hazmat stuff a couple more. The place is out in the country, and not marked very well. I take it they would prefer the internet buismess vs. walk in. Either way, they've got some of the best prices around and have always treated me well!

Posts: 339 | Location: SE Kansas | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quite a few orders with them no problem,once added to the order and got double shipped, they took it back and straightened it out. good company.

Posts: 33 | Location: fremont,ca. | Registered: 25 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Roger, Thank you. Yes indeed, I do know how to use Search and I'll do that today.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have ordered powder and cases from Powder Valley several times. Their prices are good; they ship quickly; they haven't made any mistakes; and they have been very pleasant to deal with. Highly recommended.

Posts: 189 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Croberts
posted Hide Post
What is the usual hasmat charge that is added to shipping?

A man should never stop learning, so a man should never stop asking questions

Posts: 164 | Location: Abingdon Va. | Registered: 09 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Croberts
posted Hide Post
Can you keep an 8lb canister from going bad over time, it looks like it would collect moisture and go bad. I don't know, that would just be a speculation I guess, am I right or wrong?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hazmat is usually $20.

It won't go bad if you don't store it in your shower!

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Croberts
posted Hide Post
Well then, that gave me a good laugh for the day. I appreciate the pick up.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have used Powder Valley for years. Good folks who ship quickly and pack well.

Croberts,

The are 3 descriptions of the tendency of materials to adsorb (attract to the surface) water:

Deliquescent: Attracts water so much that it will appear wet or actually dissolve

Hygroscopic: Attracts water

Efflorescent: Gives up its water of crystallization to the free air

Black powders based on Sodium and Potassium Nitrate are hygroscopic (become less sensitive over time. Explosives based on potassium chlorate may be efflorescent (become more sensitive over time).

Nitrocellulose smokeless powders do not seem to be particularly prone to attract water.

As the man said, don't store smokeless in the shower (or in the rain). ;>Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
natchez shooters supply is having a 1/2 off hazmat charge now $10. instead of the usually $20.

Posts: 33 | Location: fremont,ca. | Registered: 25 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Has anybody used accruate 86 that Powder valley is advertizing? I think I will try it, it is a good price.

Posts: 25 | Location: Penrose Colorado | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by singleshotfred:
Has anybody used accruate 86 that Powder valley is advertizing? I think I will try it, it is a good price.

I just received 16 pounds. I'll make posting on the results next thur. beerroger

one of us
posted Hide Post
Natchez vs. Powder Valley pricing.

W/W 760 1# is $19.53 @ Natchez, but only $15.60 @ PV. a saving of $3.93

If that is all you desire then the total cost of powder and Hazmat fee @ Natchez is $29.53

Ordered at PV would cost $35.60

Total savings during Natchez half price event is $6.07

But don't be fooled that the savings are linear with increasing weights. PV is $30.49 cheaper on a 8# keg, less the $10 difference in hazmat fees still costs $20.49 more at Natchez. Shop carefully.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesThe reason I placed the original order with PV was that Natchez was out of two of the powders I needed and wasn't carrying the third.Also received a" HEY THAT'S LIFE BROTHER RESPONSE" I goes PV and I can live with that. Eekerroger

one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
Roger,

I would like to add my 2 cents to the vote for Powder Valley. acsteele turned me on to them, and I picked up an order on my last trip to OKC. I go about 2- 4 times per year, so if anyone in N. Colorado wants to do an order, my next scheduled trip is March, 06. Great Folks, good prices!

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 597 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rob Crandall
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great place, I'll keep them on the list to order from. Thanks

Posts: 27 | Location: Nerk Ohio | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Elk, I sure mght be interested in sending some money with you for some powder your next trip. I am going to order probley 16# tomorrow, but by then I will need some more. I use 223-c and i see they are the only one that has it. I am going to try 8# of 86 just to try it, I load for about 25 cal. so It will work somplace.

Posts: 25 | Location: Penrose Colorado | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bartsche, what cal. will you be using the 86 in?

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by singleshotfred:
Bartsche, what cal. will you be using the 86 in?

Wed. we'll be shooting the .243***.308***.257 Roberts***.270*** and perhaps the 22-250.I'll post perhaps Wed. Thur. for sure God willing.The creeks in Cal. are all dry sand. beerroger