New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x62 - Hornady reloading manual, please
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi, would anyone check the last Hornady manual if there is any suggested load of Vith. N140 for the 9.3x62 and the 286gr. Interlock bullet? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 7th issue does not even list the 9.3x62. I don't know if it translates, but the Nosler manual shows 52-56 grains of N140 with the 286 gr. Partition.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent Hornady an email and they say they have no data for the 9.3X62.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's funny, they make a 9.3 bullet but they don't care for the 9.3x62......52-56 gr. roughly corresponds to Quickload estimations. Thanks.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The VV manual suggests loads in the range of (min - max) 46.3 - 52.3 grs with a Lapua 285 grs Mega bullet with N140. Observed max velocity of 2200 fps.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw the VV reloading sheet, but their suggested loads seem to me (in this case) somewhat conservative.

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Personally, I prefer the N 135. My petload uses 48.5 gn behind a 286 Lapua Mega. It's very accurate (.65 MOA with a 4x scope) and has accounted itself quite well on running shots at wild boars during drive hunting.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildboar:
I saw the VV reloading sheet, but their suggested loads seem to me (in this case) somewhat conservative.

Yes, it seems the VV manual is either VERY conservative or WILDY optimistic... It is kind of hard to determine which will be the case in advance... Still, more data is always a good thing.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed; Vihtavuori are very good powders, but their .PDF reloading sheet is sometimes untrustworthy.