Find
Notify
Tools

45 Auto +P data??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted
Can't seem to find it anywhere. Anybody have some sources (with listed velocities)?

"It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?"
Charles Bronson

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
look in alliant for powder pistol reloads. They have loads for 185gr to 230gr +P loads

Posts: 63 | Location: NM | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
Accurate's website used to have +P data using #5 and #7. www.accuratepowder.com Wink

If they don't let me know and I'll put it up! Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old4x4:
Can't seem to find it anywhere. Anybody have some sources (with listed velocities)?

These are heavy loads that worked well in one Colt Gold Cup and one ATM Hardballer. They should be worked up from at least 5% less than the charges shown. BUT these loads caused NO PROBLEMS in the two pistols they were tested in, both of which had 22-pound recoil springs and shock buffers installed first!

I developed a "+P" load for my Colt Gold Cup using the 452423HP Keith cast hollowpoint semiwadcutter bullet which weighs 230 grains. It was loaded in cut-off .45 Win. Mag. cases, and consisted of 7.3 grains of Herc. Unique, Federal LP primers. V @ 10' from the muzzle was 998 FPS. Accurate, too!

Another +P I have used is the 230-grain Hornady XTP bullet with 10 grains of HS-6 powder, also in the Win. Mag. brass cut off to .45 ACP length. Federal LP primers. MV on this load is close to 1000 FPS.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old4x4:

Hogdon lists some in their older manuals, but 6.0 grains of Titegroup with a 200 grain swc and federal large pistol primers in starline brass give me 1075 fps in my 1911 with no pressure signs, I did install a recoil reducer spring from Sprinco as well though.

Work up slowly. Good luck.

Carmelo Lisciotto
www.WorldShooter.com