Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 r.u.m.
 Login/Join

posted
Im looking for some good workups for my 300 r.u.m., Im loading nos. par. 160's and would like a good powder and caps (min-Max) I Have reloaded this cal the past 3 years and am looking for the perfect load "lol" Ill work it up, im just fishing here for ideas,

Thnx, RED

sry was in a hurry, I fixed it , and no im not 10 just a lil dence.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Okay, I give up...what is a "300 ram"?

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you using Nosler Partitions 30 cal 165 gr??? My feelings are that this big cased beast wants a 180 gr or 200 gr bullet to kill with. My mod 700 rem 300 RUM likes 92 gr RL25, 200 gr accubond, Fed 215M primer OAL 3.670 (it just fits in the magazine--the gun has a real long throat) It also really liked (the target told me) 96 gr RL25, 180 gr SST, Fed 215 primer. The bad thing about the SST load is the bullet isn't tough enough for dang near 3400 fps and the case told me the load was a little too hot even though it functioned through the rifle fine (ejector marks and the primers went in a little easier than I felt comfortable with after firing that load). Be safe and alway work up from below. Your max for your gun may be completely different as each gun is different. Oh yeah--IMR 7828(not sure of the charge wight), 180 partition, rem 9.5M--not too hot. Thats a replica of the rem factory load I believe. My gun likes that factory load too. Don't go too hot with IMR7828 and heavy bullets-it just ruins your primer pockets and makes your brass worthless (a friend found this out). Alliant Powder, IMR, Hodgdon all have reloading data available online! PS--be sure to use a chronograph so you can tell where your at for feet per second! That helps let you know when you are in dangerous territory.

Posts: 69 | Location: Milwaukie, Oregon | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With Quote