Find
Notify
Tools

Loading data for 7X57AI
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen:
I need loading data for the 7X57AI. Especially for some of the newer powders, Vit.,Hodgdon etc.
Actually, any would be appreciated. If you are uneasy about posting them, please PM or e-mail them to me. I have been reloading for over 62 years, am sure I could work something up, but any help would definitely be appreciated. Bullet weights of 150 threw 175 grains would be especially helpful.

Thank You
Paul K
paulrk20@outlook.com.

Take Trophies - Leave Brass

Posts: 666 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Ackley's original data as a starting guide. As far as newer powder data goes, can't be of any help.

Posts: 698 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Add 5% to a standard 7x57 powder charge then load a grain less and work up from there for the Ackley. Two powders Id choose would be H414 and RL-19 for starters.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
My standard 7X57 load is 45 gns of W-760 behind a speer 145 gn BTSP. If I were loading for an AI I would simply start there and work up a few grains.
The tricky thing about working up a new AI load is the straight walled cases tend to mask the pressure. Use a chronograph if you can and watch for velocity spikes.

Posts: 10134 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote