Find
Notify
Tools

Best Digtial Scale
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted
I'm looking to buy one this month RCBS and PACT are +-.1 gr. Which of these in your opinion is the better buy or is there a better choice out there ?

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
I think they are of the same manufacturer, Pact. Like Chevrolet and GMC. Someone will surely correct me if I am mistaken. I have the Pact and really enjoy it.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The PACT 'Digital Precision Powder Scale' and the RCBS 'Powder Pro Digital Scale' are the same product.

I would suggest you avoid the RCBS 'Partner Scale', though. I've never known anyone who was satisfied with it.

Michael

Posts: 160 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 28 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out the Denver Instrument Accurate Load IV. I have had one for several years, not one problem and it is a joy to use.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the RCBS powder measuer and scale. They are the same as the Pact. I like mine very much and when I weigh a charge on the manual scale just to verify weight its always right on the money. Watch Midsouth and Midway will often run sales on either the RCBS or Pact.

Posts: 536 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
Call Pact. They frequently have sales on the scales and the other equipment they sell like the trickler and powder dispensers. $130 or so is a common sales price. Among a variety of scales I have, including a scientific and various beam scales, I stongly prefer the Pact for accuracy, convenience and speed. I have the trickler system. It's gotten to where it's the only one I regularly use.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like Bob338 said, call PACT. For this past Christmas my girlfriend got me PACT's digital powder dispenser and digital scale, and they beat everybody else's prices (Midsouth, Huntington's, etc). She remebered hearing me say that PACT makes the dispenser/scale that RCBS sells, but sell them at a lesser price, and that's what she went with. She doesn't know anything about guns, but she must have actually listened to me when I was talking about wanting the dispenser and scale, and she does know how to comparison shop...

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
<RickMD>
posted
I use a Dillon. Big display and excellent accuracy.

<Ben H>
posted
I also have a Dillon electronic scale and like it very much. When you buy Dillon you get their "No B.S. Guarantee".

Ben H

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd own the RCBS as it was a gift, and have used the Pact. I'get purchase either one if I had too,but would most likely pick the Pact as it appears to be less expensive in most places. I agree that the Dillon No BS Policy is exactly tht, but not sure if it's worth the additional expense. If you keep the box to store the scale in you should have no warranty issues, lkest you drop it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 257 | Location: Long Beach | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote