New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 PPC
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My 6.5 PPC will be finished in a few weeks. I would appreciate any loading data if anyone has expirmented with this wildcat. Muchos gracias.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No one has experience with this?

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Run this query past the boys over at Benchrest Central and you'll likely get some good response.

www.benchrest.com

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Bob,
start with low 6ppc loads.

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Bob - just saw this thread....

Cooter's got a good idea, but I tried to get a bechrest.com ID twice and still am not able to post/reply yet! I hope you have better luck than I do. I wonder if Wilbur is concerned about my non-PC nature?...

EDITED - Oops, just saw 6.5, not 6 PPC - Sorry!

Regards, Bill

[ 08-22-2003, 19:03: Message edited by: Bill M ]

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob,

According to this article, H335 may be your best bet?:
http://www.competitionshooting.com/pages/708565/index.htm

Regards, Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cooter and Jeffe, I corresponded with a guy who used to post here who shoots a 6.5 PPC AR-15 who gave me two os his loads. He says there�s a rumor that some company is going to make a model of the AR-15 in 6.5 due the fact that many competition shooters use it. Maybe if that happens someone will load factory ammo. Anyone heard anything about this?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you also Bill. I'll check it out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill, Good article. I think the guy that wrote that is the one who gave me the loads last year. Also my gunsmith got the reamer from JGS. This rifle will be a rebbled CZ 527 carbine. Both my son and I already have a 527 in 6 mm PPC. Nice handy rifles, 6 pounds, thirty-nine and a half inches long and accurate. JBelk did my son�s and I had mine done locally. Thanks again

one of us
posted Hide Post
You're welcome Bob - I thought that might have been the article you were looking for [Wink] .

Bill