New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oregon Trail bullets in Semis
 Login/Join

<bigcountry>
posted
I have shot the laser cast bullets for some time target shooting for my 44mag. But since I can't find any FMJ for my 40S&W for a decent price (less than $11 for 100), I thought about trying these laser cast bullets for my 40. I can get those for about 5 dollars for 100.

Anybody shoot lead bullets just target practicing in there semi autos? Any lead up problems?

<ty>
posted
For serious target work with my 45 and 38 spl I shoot lasercast bullets.in my 45 I run a lewis lead remover through the barrel after about 1000 rounds and get very little leading.I also use them in a s&w 9mm and a cz 380 and amt 380 with no problems.Hope this helps

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are shooting a Glock, fugitabboudit......

<ty>
posted
I have a friend that has shot a bunch of my loads in his glock with no problems. but after hearing about glocks problem I quit reloading for him

<bigcountry>
posted
Could you guys explain?

<ty>
posted
from what I understand the rifling in a glock will not let you use cast bullets without blowing the gun up.some one else could probably explain it better than me.Be carefull with glock,if your shooting any hand load they will say your ammo was the problem and not warranty your gun

one of us
posted Hide Post
Grab yourself a copy of the (free) Accurate powder 2003 reloaders guide (you can request a copy over the internet - www.accuratepowder.com). Then read the 'Special Warnings!!!' section on page 7. It explains why lead and Glocks are a no-no. Basically, unconventional rifling + barrel deposits = safety hazard.