Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady Pro-Jector
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted
Can anyone tell me what a Hornady Pro-Jector is?

Posts: 1548 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
<mattadams>
posted
The pro jector is a progessive reloading press. Which means that it has different stages. So everytime you pull the handle it preforms an operation and one reload is completed. If you are loading for pistol or a claiber that you want to put out a large number of shells then it is great. but if you want highly precisioned shells then use a single stag press.hope this helps. Here is honady's site www.hornady.com, which makes the press.
good luck

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
mattadams:

Thanks for the info. I couldn't find anything in Midway or Midsouth about this product, so I thought it might be something Hornady had discontinued.

Someone is advertising one for sale in a local paper. It is for the "system" plus rifle & pistol dies (no calibers given), brass (no calibers), tumbler, and "more."

Asking price is $300.

I sort of suspected it was some kind of progressive press. I have a single-stage RCBS with all the accessories, and I load for accuracy and just as a hobby, so I wonder if a progressive would be of any value to me.

You just don't see reloading equipment advertised in local papers very often.

Posts: 1548 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote