New
Find
Notify
Tools

blue dot and 357
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i see that there is a warning out about using blue dot in a 357. i've been using this for long time now. anybody know why the warning??

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pshooter
posted Hide Post
http://www.alliantpowder.com/safety/safetynotice.htm

I can't decide if I shoot to load, or load to shoot! The line between the two is very thin!

Posts: 48 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
That warning is only for light bullets in the .357 (125 gr) heavier bullets are OK with Blue Dot. I use Blue Dot for my .357 and .38 and it shoots great, but I use bullets heavier than 125 grains.

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting there is a warning for BD/125gr bullets in the 357mag but not the 357sig???? I'ld love to hear someone from Alliant explain that one.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, off the top of my head, whats case volume difference??? the 357sig is bottle neck case w/o the revolver throat, forcing cone, and of course it does not have a barrel/ cylinder gap. most folks shoot jacketed bullets in the 9mm -357sig and the jacket flexes to seal and revolvers might have cast bullets which are totally different plus the above issues. revolvers and autos do not work the same as rifles and handgun ammo is very different.

Posts: 54 | Location: georgia | Registered: 01 December 2008Reply With Quote