New
Find
Notify
Tools

7X30 Waters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am new to the caliber, but not new to reloading - can the 7X30 Waters case be made simply by running 30/30 brass through the 7X30 full length sizing die and trimming to length? Thanks.

Posts: 376 | Location: Farmington, NM - USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Paul Dustin>
posted
Yes it is ease to make. then you have to fireform it and you are done. After you fireform it and go to reload it make sure you set your die so you do not push the shoulder back, all you need is to neck size it

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul, thanks for the help......

Posts: 376 | Location: Farmington, NM - USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
If you don't have a lot of 30-30 brass laying around, you can buy formed brass from E. Arthur Brown, for $25 for 100. Here is a link to his brass web page.
Nashcat
EABCO brass

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
They are one of the easiest to form. You can also buy 7x30 Waters brass from EA Brown for $25/100.

7-30 Waters Brass $25/100 - Originally developed (by Ken Waters) as a faster and flatter shooting flat nose cartridge for Winchester lever action rifles, the 7-30 Waters has gained wider popularity among handloaders who shoot spitzer bullets in single shots. Our 7-30 Waters is made from brand new Winchester 30-30 brass with a full body and the shoulder in the correct position. This brass can also be formed to 6.5mm Bench Rest Magnum by just full length sizing in the 6.5 BRM sizing die.
EA Brown Brass Link

The 7x30 Waters is a great caliber. I have a 14" Virgin Valley 7x30 barrel on my Contender. I always have it with me on my hunting trips.

Bob C.

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote