New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have the Sierra Reloading Manual
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does the current manual have reloading data for the 300 RUM and the 300 WSM? Interested in the 200 grain Gameking.

Thanks

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
The new Sierra isn`t out yet. Take a look at the Nosler and Hornady manuals. I think both rounds are covered in them.

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tradewinds,
Are you interested in a particular powder ? I have the newest Nosler manual and the 200gr has extensive listings for both cartridges using the ballistic tip/partition bullets. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
<reload>
posted
Tradewinds, You can call Sierra and they will fax or down load the data you are looking for and answer your questions. They have a 800 number. Good Luck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I will give them a call. I have 200 gr Trophy Bonded and North Fork Bullets with no reloading data available. Speer and North Fork have no data for the Ultramag.
I have the Nosler, Barnes Manuals. I noticed that with RL25 and a 200 gr A-Frame your max load is 91.5 grains, with a 200 gr. Barnes X the max is 81 gr! Big differance.

Basically I am not sure where to start with Bullets with no Reloading Data?

I worked up 3 loads starting with 85 gr. RL25 and Swift-A-Frame, Trophy Bonded, North Fork. I have not shoot any yet because my Chrono is broken. But I plan on shooting everything through a Chrono and working up a grain at a time.

I was just concerned when I saw the max load on the Barnes X. Maybe that is just with the Barnes Bullets? Anby suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote