Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

243 WSSM
 Login/Join

posted
I just recived a new PACT chronograph the Clint Gard XP I put in the data from Hodgdon information web site in the chrono it prints out different from what the Winchester 2004 catalog does I have tried different loads and can't get to match the catalog the catalog said that the 243 WSSM set in at 100yd it will only drop -3.9 @300yd I used the the max powder data with the lightest bullet traveling @ the fastest speed and the PACT shows it dropping -5.5 were does Winchester get their information

Posts: 1 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 09 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Factory data is quite often optomistic. Many use pressure test barrels of match grade and then provide that info for you to try and duplicate in their sloppy chambered, unstraight factory tubes

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Factory data is quite often optomistic. Many use pressure test barrels of match grade and then provide that info for you to try and duplicate in their sloppy chambered, unstraight factory tubes

Your not wrong. A feller in a mag. read on a Ruger .204
box to expect 4225 for the 32gr. and 3900 for the 40gr.
Chrono read 3976 " " " and 3569. " " "
John L

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you double checked to make sure that your using the same zero range as Winchester? The 3.9" drop figure is probably for a 200 yard zero.

Posts: 130 | Location: Montana | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is there a place to enter the height of the sight above the bore? If there is enter 1.5 inches, which is the �standard� for a scope then run your numbers again

Posts: 218 | Location: Sand Hills of NC | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote