THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Norma Magnum Rifle Powder -- Still Available?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Norma Magnum Rifle Powder -- Still Available?
 Login/Join

posted
Thanks for the quick info. I think I'll try the Reloder 25 on the heavy bullets. I am using IMR 7828 now for practice ammo.

one of us
posted Hide Post
RE22 is almost the same powder as MRP. Norma MRP, Re 22 and RWS 905 are all made by Bofors with different names on them. But they can differ 1-2grs due to different batches

If you cannot get a hold of MRP try Re 22 and for a 270 Wea I would give RE 25 a try especially with 150grs bullets.

I think you will find data at www.norma.cc under the reloading link

Posts: 118 | Location: Norway | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to 'duplicate' the components of my 270 Wby Mag, and read one page that Norma MRP was no longer available. I searched here and didn't find any references to it. Has anyone heard if the powder is still around? If not, what is Weatherby using in their cartridges?

one of us
Picture of moki
posted Hide Post
Graf and Son's used to sell it but I don't know if they still do.
Cam

Posts: 451 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the availablity of Norma powder in the U.S. but Norma still makes MRP.

Regards,
Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote