New
Find
Notify
Tools

PMC 6x55 psp bullets???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know who makes these 139gr bullets, or have you ever used them or similar PMC Pt Soft Point bullets on deer size game? Any information would be appreciated?

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know who makes them, but I know they work just fine on deer. I have used them for several years without a deer taking more than a few steps, at most. In general I like PMC products very much. They are consistantly accurate, albeit more lightly loaded than other manufacturers.

That being said, I don't know how long you've had these particular rounds, but there was a recall on the 139s some time ago. Contact PMC and see if yours is one of those lots if they are not current production. They will replace them immediately.

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All the PMC 6.5 x 55 ammo we get in Australia comes from Korea. I have used it on Pigs and it works fine. If you do find out who makes the bullet let us all know. I would certainly like to buy some

Aussie Frank [Smile]

Posts: 53 | Location: Bundaberg,Queensland , Australia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have shot a bit of stuff with them before I got my reloading dies for my 6.5x55 and they worked quite well.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I bought several boxes of the PMC 139 PSPs and for lack of load development time, sighted the rifle in with those. I've wanted to shoot a deer with the 6.5x55 but hated to shoot a big buck with an untried bullet. Sounds like it should work OK, and if the buck doesn't cooperate, I'll shoot a couple of does later this week or next and see how it performs.

one of us
posted Hide Post
To all:

Again, thanks for the help. A very good for this area 10 point whitetail cooperated yesterday by indulging his fancy for females(that'll always get you in trouble, just ask my last divorce attorney)which lead to his untimely demise. Shot him head on at about 55 yards(long shot, I know, guess I should add a zero [Razz] ) with the 139 PMC psp and he dropped in place, died as quick as any deer I have ever seen. The bullet seemed to expand really rapidly and shredded his lungs/aortic area, did not exit, have not recovered bullet, it fragmented. Behaved almost like one of the legendary MKs. It worked and that is what counts.