Find
Notify
Tools

22 Cooper Centerfire Magnum
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted
Anyone have a set of dies that they want to part with?? I am also looking for Schroeder Bullets brass for this round.

Post here or send me an email (listed above).

Thanks!

BTW, also interested in any info, re: load data, loading info, etc...

This is the only data i have thus far.
 -

[ 07-22-2003, 08:14: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep us posted on what you find out please, I've been toying with rechambering a 22 mag barrel to something of this ilk.
Thought that I was the only one who thought of this round in a contender...

regards,
Graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I have posted all the info, that i have at this point, on this round at the "Single Shot Pistols" forum. New brass is available and so are dies. The only thing that i am missing is a barrel. I would like to purchase a set of used dies first, if i dont hear anything soon i will just order new ones from CH Tool & Die. Schroeder Bullets has the brass in stock and it is very reasonable for "custom" brass.

I have wanted one for years and looks like i am gonna finally get one! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Here is the link to the thread with all the info > http://www.nookhill.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=35;t=002400

one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you going to rechamber a 22 mag factory barrel or are you looking for a new from the start custom barrel? This is an extremely interesting project...

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graycg:
Are you going to rechamber a 22 mag factory barrel or are you looking for a new from the start custom barrel? This is an extremely interesting project...

If i can find a 22 barrel CHEAP enough, i will go that route. If not, it will be custom. I can get a 14" full bull from OTT for $250( http://www.mbmco.net/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=OTT&Product_Code=CB&Category_Code=J ). Cost to rechamber a barrel is $75 so i gotta find a factory barrel cheap, it just doesnt make sense to rechamber a tc barrel and have the same money as a custom.....

[ 07-23-2003, 07:14: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
You know... this project was worked on some years back. The brass was lathe turned. IF the brass was formed rather, then it would yeild some better balistics (not that they are bad as is).
I always thought it was ashame this cartridge wasnt picked up by any major manufactures. Could you imagine making some cast LBTs for this! Or that later we necked it down as a 17 cal. With all the craze on 17s I think that would have sold well.
If I am not mistake'n the primer pocket will be a weak spot on this brass due to dimentional limitations. Someone might check the specs.
Awhile back I think Ross Syfried did an artical on the 22 cooper.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smallfry:
You know... this project was worked on some years back. The brass was lathe turned. IF the brass was formed rather, then it would yeild some better balistics (not that they are bad as is).
I always thought it was ashame this cartridge wasnt picked up by any major manufactures. Could you imagine making some cast LBTs for this! Or that later we necked it down as a 17 cal. With all the craze on 17s I think that would have sold well.
If I am not mistake'n the primer pocket will be a weak spot on this brass due to dimentional limitations. Someone might check the specs.
Awhile back I think Ross Seyfried did an artical on the 22 cooper.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Schroeder already makes the 17 brass. I think that it is actually more popular.

This brass is reformed and machined 22 hornet brass. Check the thread (link above) as Albert has already exceeded the turned brass life by 2.5 times and he states that his velocity in an 11" barrel exceeds rifle velocities for the 22wmr.

I do believe that this is a very valid cartridge but suffers from a lack of popularity. I am looking forward to working with the various 40 grain bullets as well as the 35 vmax.

one of us
posted Hide Post
And I thought that a .256" 25acp case was a small as could accomodate a small primer pocket.

I didn't think of the rimmed case without an extractor cut.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I posted a bunch of new info today. For anyone that is interested in doing the round as it was designed, it is ready to order! The barrel is the only thing that will take time.....

See this post for the details > http://www.nookhill.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=35;t=002400

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
more info added to the above link