New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tested 100gr TSX's
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I finally got to test my 25-06 with 100gr TSX's on a big deer and they were awesome. I was hunting in a hardwood thicket and had a nice 4.5 year old 9 pointer feed thru at about 100yds. I could only see bits and pieces of a deer but the body was big and bulky. The only opening I had was about 5" by 8" to slip a bullet in and I could only see the back half of his body and his belly line was hidden by vines. I centered him in the gut. The bullet exited and left a tremendous blood trail. He went about 60yds and fell over. He weighted 180 lbs which is a big deer for here in North Carolina.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You aimed for the gut?

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, That was all I could see and he was going into heavy cover from there. That is why I wanted a premium bullet for deer. I can shoot from any angle and get to the vitals or like this--get an exit with a heavy blood trail.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We shot another 9 pointer today that weighed 175 lbs and measured 20.25" wide. This was also a 4 year old deer. It was shot thru the shoulder at about 90 yds and the TSX exited. The deer went about 25yds after impact and had tremendous internal bleeding. I think these TSX's are going to work well for us.