New
Find
Notify
Tools

300RUM Retumbo loads
 Login/Join

<bigcountry>
posted
For Nosler Accubonds 200gr in a 300RUM, what would be the recommended starting and Max loads? All Hodgedon has is Barnes data for 200gr bullets. And Nosler doesn't list Retumbo loads. I was thinking 90-94gr.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bigcountry I am using Retumbo in a 300 Rum with 180 gr Barnes X bullets. Max load in MY rifle is 95 grs so I think you are pretty close with your start loads.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Retumbo From 79.3 grains to 95.7 grains
Remington 9-1/2M Primer

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Start at about 90 or a bit under and work your way up. I'm using 95 in my rifle, it clocks 3177. That's close to max but not too hot. I didn't get a pressure sign until 97 grains--in hot weather.

Rutumbo has giving me great consistency and accuracy with that bullet.

Posts: 920 | Location: Mukilteo, WA | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote
<bigcountry>
posted
You know alot of people (Hodgdon and Sierra) always quote loads for this round with 9.5 primers. Has anyone seen any effects with using 215M or CCI250 primers? I usually only use 215M primers for this round.