New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 9.3x63 Ackley Improved??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are you asking about rechambering a 9.3 X 62 to 9.3 X 62 AI? If so, yes, indeed, you would be able to use the priginal ammo in the AI chamber (at least if it was cut properly). You wouldn't gain a lot, but you would definately have more case capacity, and therefore more room for powder, which in most cases will give you higher velocities.- Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Remember to cut the Ackeley chamber correctly so that you could still use factory ammo the barrel must be set back so that factory ammo would be more or less a crush fit. If you simply ran an Ackeley reamer in the barrel the headspace would be to long for factory ammo.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
Or...go to the 9.3x64 for some REAL power!

Posts: 596 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yabba dabba doo!

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
I can't think that you will get much more velocity, there is only so much that a case can be blown out, I will rather go with a 9.3x64 if I need more power
Flip

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BEFUS
The 9.3x62 rounds would not chamber due to
the longer base to shoulder length. that is why
the 9.3x62 has more case capacity.
Lyle

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote