New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Screw Up Tonight
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I recently moved and my stuff is still in a state of disarray ( wife isn't here yet). I made a huge mistake tonight. I reloaded 200 gr Accubonds with 76.5 gr of IMR 4831, thinking it was H-1000. I caught my error during clean up. My mistake for having multiple powders on the desk and open. My questions are 1) Is there any secret to pulling the Accubonds? 2) Can I resize the cases with the primers in? Thanks

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
1. No, same as any other bulet

2. Sure, just remove the decapping pin first. But if you have a decent bullet puller that doesn't distort the neck like a collet puller or inertial puller, you shouldn't have to resize.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I've been pulling a lot of bullets lately with an inertia puller ( stuff I loaded to test and got a few rounds into it and knew that was enough ) with no damage to any of the bullets. Once I've got the powder out I've been removing the decapping pin, lightly spray lube them being careful not to get any down the neck and fully resizing them with the primer in place. Have done 50-75 or so lately and no trouble. One batch of brass I forgot to re-size and when I reloaded them you could spin the bullet with a good grip on it with fingers so I tore those down again and sized them for a tight grip on the bullets.
Good luck with yours.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys I got them out and re-sized only 2. Will shoot on Sunday. I won't do that again.

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Kenpo_Joe
posted Hide Post
I glad to hear that you caught the mistake in time.

Safe shooting.

Meddle not with dragons, for you are good and crunchy with ketchup.