Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody loading 350 gr Barnes Tsx in .375 H&H
 Login/Join

posted
A friend of mine wants me to help with load development for his .375 and has access to 350 gr Barnes TSX & Solids. Its specifically for DG use, hence the importance of same point of impact using the same scope settings.Anybody with 1st hand experience please help. I dont reload .375 myself.

Posts: 11 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 25 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried them and was not impressed.

They might be great in a 378 Wby, but I think the 300 gr is better suited to the old H&H.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3993 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought the issue was related to the length of the bullet and the overall cartridge length. then again, if you only got 2200-2250 fps one could rely on the momentum/sd for penetration unless the barnes has a problem opening at that velocity which I don't think they do.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I loaded up some 350 Woodleigh PRP's and got 2230 out of them with RE-15, plus decent accuracy, but never hunted them. Supposed to be good buff medicine.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have 4 clients shooting 350gr Woodleigh Soft points and FMJ's in the H&H and the Ruger. Velocity varies from 2350fps to 2400fps. So far this weight bullet has been very effective on Elephant on down. Accuracy, penetration and performance has been excellent to date.