New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Ballistic Tip vs. CT Ballistic Silvertip
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know that they are the same bullet with the exception of the lubalox coating.

What I am wondering is whether the coating makes any difference at all. I have a load worked up for my .257 Weatherby using 115 grain CTBST's, but would like to hear of any experiences others may have had using both bullets.

Regular BT's are a little less money and if all else is the same, why am I paying the extra to shoot lubalox coated bullets?

TIA

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only way you'll know is to load identical loads in YOUR gun and compare them. I doubt the coating making much difference, but it would be interesting to hear your report.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 300winnie:
Regular BT's are a little less money and if all else is the same, why am I paying the extra to shoot lubalox coated bullets?

TIA

I guess one (inverse) reason is to obtain the privilege to get your bore full of the Lubalox coating.... I don't know if it actually matters, but I have an aversion to anything that remains in your bore and is hard to remove. At least I know how to remove regular copper fouling...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote