Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman 1200 DPS II?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kory
posted
Does anyone know how the Lyman 1200 DPS II is different from the 1200 DPS? I bought my 1200 DPS a couple months ago only to find out there is a newer version. I checked their web site and it does not mention any new feature or difference.

Regards,
Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
Turns out, the only difference is that the new model can memorize 100 loads while the older one can only memorize 20. BFD.

Kory

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I use the 1200 and love it, now I know a little more about it. wave Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It looks like I'm the only one having trouble with the Lyman 1200DPS. It works fine for the first ten min. and than I can't get the scale to repeat a load. By that I mean I will take a given load off the scale and reweigh it. First time it will weigh 57.5 grains, second time it will weigh it at 57.0 grains and the third time its 57.2. This is my 3rd. scale. I have returned them directly to Lyman and they have given me a new one each time. They acknowledged the problem and said the new one is working properly. Still the same problem.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I purchased my Lyman 1200 a few months ago. Yesterday was the first time I used it to work up loads. I ran 60 30-06 loads with 3 diff. powders at diff. grains. It worked great, I would set it, make 3, increase by .5, make 3 etc. Every charge was checked on my 505. All but 3 were balls on. A little less than .1 low for the 3 that were off, not enough to worry about.
Hglass, is your 1200 on the same bench as your press, if it is, are you seating bullets as the 1200 is in operation. Other things I have heard affect the Lyman , drafts, temp change, didn't warm up for 24 hours before first use, cell phone, spilled powder on and under scale. Hope you get it worked out. Keep us posted.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hglass:
It looks like I'm the only one having trouble with the Lyman 1200DPS. It works fine for the first ten min. and than I can't get the scale to repeat a load. By that I mean I will take a given load off the scale and reweigh it. First time it will weigh 57.5 grains, second time it will weigh it at 57.0 grains and the third time its 57.2. This is my 3rd. scale. I have returned them directly to Lyman and they have given me a new one each time. They acknowledged the problem and said the new one is working properly. Still the same problem.

hglass,

The 1200 is very sensitive for any sort of electromagnetic interferance. Specially from near by cell phones or cordless phones. If there are any close by move them away. Light dimmers are also notorious for this kind of problems. Make sure the room temp has been fairly stable, the unit did it 30 minute warm up, and it is sitting on a stable surface.

If you're having the same problem after three scale, it has to something about your setup I would think.

Good luck,
Kory

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never had that first problem with my 1200, knock on wood. I do let it warm up for the full 30 minutes and most times more. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote