New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x55 shell holder
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have some 6.6x55 Privi brass that wont work in my rcbs# 2 holder. Any one have any idea what will work with Privi. thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
meant 6.5x55

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A # 3.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried an rcbs # 3. It wont work either. Think i might try a Lee #3

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
If you have a shell holder for a 30-30 likely will work if the lee 3 doesn’t.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
HMMM,I've never had that problem but then I was not reusing privi brass.One would not think that would be a problem,but obviously one exists.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Privi uses the correct head size brass. American made brass uses the conveniently close sized 308 sized head.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Redding #7 shellholder seems to be fairly unique to the 6.5x55 Swedish cartridge so is probably made to the proper C.I.P. dimensions.

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote