Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vit133-Benchmark-Xterminator?
 Login/Join

posted
I shoot 223's and use 50grn bullets for P Dogs. What experience do you guys have with these powders? Is X Terminator heat sensitive,it's a ball powder? What are the good and bad points of Benchmark and Vit 133? I have heard that Benchmark is harder to clean. What' your experience with these powders? Thanks Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use both Benchmark and VV133 in the 6PPC and find them both to be excellent. Benchmark leaves just slightly more carbon fouling in the barrel, but its not a big deal to clean.

I have only tried Benchmark in the 223 and like it a LOT. I get good accuracy and very good velocity with 50gn bullets.

Fergus

Posts: 266 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have yet to try the Xterminator or V133, but Benchmark is the best of what I've tried in my 223's, by far. Much cleaner than H335. I would like to try the others, but it they were more accurate in my guns, I doubt I would be able to see the difference. Pretty hard to improve on ragged holes without benchrest type skills and equipment.

Posts: 339 | Location: SE Kansas | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I got my best results using N-133

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went through a thousand rounds of X-Terminator 50grain .223 ammo during ground squirrel season last spring. It wasn't too temperature sensitive up to 98 degrees F. Accuracy was good, not stellar. I used it mainly because it metered accurately through the powder measure on my Dillon 650 reloader. Clean-up wasn't too bad.

For serious target work I would second Steve and go with the N-133. Very clean, very predictable and boringly accurate.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the N133 (using the HOT VV data). Xterm has not been the "go to" powder for any of my cartridges, yet. Ditto with Benchmark. Ok, but never stellar. JMO, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote