New
Find
Notify
Tools

357SIG
 Login/Join

<Safarischorsch>
posted
What do you think of 10,0grain alliant power pistol behind 116gr Norma JSP and CCI 550 and federal brass?? Is it too much? Thank you for your help.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I would consider that a max load...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<chevota>
posted
Sounds like you're looking for max power? I would think Blue Dot would be a better choice.
BD is much slower burning and with large capacity necked case like the Sig it would seem ideal to me.
Just a thought...

The load you suggested sounds fine, but I don't know about the primer, maybe a 500 instead? I always use the 550 myself but I use Blue Dot or slower powder (9mm, 38spcl, 357mag).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I assume you got that load from the Alliant table (Shows 10 grs of PP, 115 gr jacketed, 37K psi, 1500 ft/sec). I don't know what gun they used, but this seems to be very hot. I am using 9.5 grs PP with the 100 gr Hornady FMJ and it seems to be equal to factory loads in every respect.

I would approach with caution and start with 8.5 grs of PP.

<kidcoltoutlaw>
posted
i have used up to 10 grains of power pistol in a 357 sig p229 with a 125 it is a little over but shot great.might not be safe your own your own there,thanks,keith

<goneballistic>
posted
The best powder that I found for velocity in the .357 Sig is AA#9.

<Safarischorsch>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by kidcoltoutlaw:
i have used up to 10 grains of power pistol in a 357 sig p229 with a 125 it is a little over but shot great.might not be safe your own your own there,thanks,keith

Hello and thank you all together!

The 10gr with the 116gr Norma JSP does not work because the bullet is not to hold.
My new load: 11,4gr Power pistol with 95gr Magtech JSP with federal 100. No visible sign of too high pressure [Smile]