THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I blind? Wheres the BC's in Sierra's manual?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted
You'd think a bullet manufacturer that prides itself on one of the most accurate bullets made and with such high BC's would have them listed in their manual. They have a sample in my edition but not listed for anything else.

Why is this? I've flipped through the manual enough times and its been confirmed by someone else I know? I've ordered the Infinity software. I hope its in there at least. Confused

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boilerroom: I will have to agree with you! In the latest (and last!) edition of Sierras Manuals I bought I got it delivered and found they do not have the ballistic charts (drop charts, wind deflection, speed at distance etc etc etc!) that every handloader has come to expect from a loading manual, when they buy one! Caveat emptor (buyer beware!) is the rule of the road anymore I guess! I had grown to expect more from the Sierra folks. It WILL be a cold day in hell when I buy an expensive computer program to provide information that I should get in a manual in the first place. I can honestly say this is the first time in 40 years I have been disappointed with any Sierra product for ANY reason!
Sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of sbrownofwv
posted Hide Post
Their BC's are available on their website:

http://www.sierrabullets.com/index.cfm?section=reloading&page=coefficients

Hope this helps,

Thanks, Steve Brown

Posts: 11 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chill out guys!!

The latest Sierra manual is missing the Ballistic Coefficient charts, but it was a simple mistake.

If you will give Sierra a call they will gladly send you a copy of the Ballistic Coefficents.

The Sierra Infinity will have the BC's and will calculate any and all ballistic charts you might desire.

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerHey guys there are some pricks that post on this place that have put me down like a dirty dog when I complained about such things so be ware! Eeker But I am like you if a manufactor provides bullets to the public and stands behind the preformance of those bullets, then all the info available should be included in their reloading manuals. This just makes semse to have it where the reloader can see it when he buys the manual. But the web sight does have them listed. I always use Sierra bullets and like them so for those out there that think I am on Sierra's ass I am not. Just making a point for better customer service. By the way, call Sierra and tell them it would be nice to have them handy. As far as that goes I am looking at Sierra's big wall chart of all their bullets and not one BC is shown on it. Get ready for a few pricks to roast you about this! nut

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also available in downloadable PDF files so you can print it and keep it handy:

Handgun:
http://www.sierrabullets.com/bullets/BallisticCoefficient-handgun.pdf

Rifle:
http://www.sierrabullets.com/bullets/BallisticCoefficient-rifle.pdf

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm still pissed they stopped putting 101 bullets in a box! sofa

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACRecurve:
Hey, I'm still pissed they stopped putting 101 bullets in a box! sofa

clap

But seriously...

I only now have the internet again after being without it for 15 months because I lived waaay back in the bush where no phone lines went. I bought the manual then and took it for granted that I'd have the BC's handy.

Thanks to the guys who have linked me up with them. beer

I'm still a little disapointed in the inconvienance. Its not what I come to expect.

Hey, remeber the old Gameking/Matchking threads. Your right about people getting their knickers in a twist over Sierra. jump

Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Reply from Sierra:

"Steve,
At 1150 pages, their presence in previous manuals, and the number of computers out there now they were not included. With rifle, handgun and single shot pistol all in one manual, as opposed to our previous manulas, we just did not have room, espwecially at a price less than our earlier manuals. Trajectory pages from the 4th manual are at http://www.exteriorballistics.com. I appreciate your site.
Dave"

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Nice of them to let us know after we buy the manual. A guy like me gets screwed when he has no net access for 15 months and picked up a 6.5/06 AI and a heavy barrel 243 along with over a dozen boxes of Sierra bullets.

On the other hand you can assume that their matchking line has some of the highest B.C's out of all the major makers.

Too many people........

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to agree about being vexed about no ballistics tables in the latest Sierra manual. Many folks still do not have computers, for whatever reasons.

I don't mind paying for what I get, if it costs more, then it should still be in the book. I probably will NEVER have notebook computer to take to the range, and want paper ballistic charts. I carry two GPS units on board my boat, but STILL use paper charts!

Posts: 49 | Location: USA, Virginia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote