New
Find
Notify
Tools

where to find a relaoding range box?
 Login/Join

<Embalmer>
posted
I have seen a couple of wood relaoding range boxes designed to take everything to the range to load there for development. I am looking for something like this but have been unable to find anything that will work to my satisfaction.

Does anyone make something specific like this? I have seen the benchresters with them. Basically the front folds down giving access to the entire inside where you can mount the powder measure and other goodies needed. Then the press mounts to the bench mostly.

Any ideas guys?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would also be interested in information on this. Anybody got a good design?

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A couple of guys on varminthunters.com have built them, and posted pictures. Have not seen plans yet.

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
<Embalmer>
posted
Any idea where the benchresters get them? I have seen a bunch of them with a range set up. I can not post on the benchrest.com forum yet becuase there is a problem with my account. It wont give me access to post yet so if someone can post over there and relay the info that would be greatly appreciated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Embalmer,

Go to www.benchrest.com then select the benchrest forum and post your question there. That's the board used by the competitive shooters. Those guys are pretty sharp and probably most of them have made their own boxes. There's a special area set aside at the matches for reloading, and you'll see some pretty strange equipment there. That's probably your best bet. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
IN MANY CASES THE BR SHOOTERS USE WOOD MACHINIST'S CHEST WHICH BECAME POPULAR ESPECIALLY SINCE MANY EARLY SHOOTERS WERE ALSO MACHINISTS. CHECK WITH ANY MACHINIST'S SUPPLY HOUSES (ALTHOUGH THEY PROBABLY ONLY CARRY METAL CHESTS NOWADAYS).

A VIABLE (AND MUCH CHEAPER) ALTERNATIVE ARE THE PLASTIC FISHING TACKLE CHESTS WITH MULTIPLE DRAWERS AND COMPARTMENTS WIDELY AVAILABLE.

LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT.

[ 05-25-2003, 22:52: Message edited by: sonofagun ]

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I use a large size toolbox, available at any builder's supply store. My press is a Lee handpress -- a wonderful press for this purpose, since it's both compact and powerful.

I have a camper shell on my Nissan 4x4, and I simply remove the tailgate at the range -- which allows me to get close to the bed and keep my scale sheltered from the wind. A 2X6 cut to fit across the siderails serves as a shelf and a mounting place for a powder measure (although I (rarely use one in developing loads.)

Posts: 17 | Location: Arkansas, deep in the Ozarks | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote