New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Dot
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is anyone using Red Dot in a 45ACP? Comments please.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went through kegs of red dot in all kinds of pistol calibers 32 to 45.

A little dirty but it is or was cheap easy to meter and sends bullets down range. One cleans their guns anyway.

I like it because I can use in so many different things from cast rifle loads, shotgun and handgun loads.

Posts: 19620 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
p dog shooter,
Thanks for your reply. I was given a partial keg, 3 or 4 pounds and i'd like to use it up for something other than fertilizing the tomatoe plants.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used Red Dot in my 45ACP for over 20yrs. As has been said it shoots a little dirty but it's the berries with plated bullets.

IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!

Posts: 381 | Location: Sebring, FL | Registered: 12 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jigger,
That's the combination I have in mind. Thanks.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
REd dot is good stuff; definitely do not use it for plant food. I like the old lots of unique and red dot as they are dirty and smoky; in Cowboy shooting it is almost like shooting black powder. I have lots of it and I refuse to throw it away. (PS:The new lots of it are much cleaner)

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, I just joking about the plant food, I've got Miracle Grow for that.
I was using Unique in a 9m/m that belched a lot of fire, don't recall any smoke though.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a little red dot story one day my wife was using my 9mm hi power in a match loaded with 125 gr cast and a load of red dot.

the wind was just right or no wind that after the first 5 rounds or so she had a hard time seeing the target.

she took the match but it was hard to see for a bit.

Posts: 19620 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of drewzter
posted Hide Post
I just shot some today. 4.3 gr under a 230 gr plated RN in my Springer RO. I shot it more accurately that the same bullet over 4.6 gr of Bullseye.

Posts: 14 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: 25 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who replied and a Happy 4th to everyone.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member