New
Find
Notify
Tools

.223 Ackley specifications.
 Login/Join

Picture of phlatnum
posted
Please help, I need some data for the 223 AI above. I have checked back through the forum, but there is not allot there.
case length (trimmed)or untrimmed ? Do the cases require trimming, is it critical ?
overall length ? loaded.
taper crimp or roll crimp.
prefered bullet weight ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Dean.

Posts: 2 | Location: Melbourne, Australia. | Registered: 14 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Phlatnum, I have been using the .223 AI for about 8 years and I now have 4 custon Rifles in this caliber....The case length is 1.760, the same as the regular ...223 Rem..Trim length is 1.750..I do not crimp my cases at all and I do not recommend that you do either ..The best bullet will depend on what application you have in mind....For Coyotes, I have found the 50 Gr. V-Max to be very effective and after trying several different bullets over the years on Coyotes all over the country, I have setteled on this bullet as my favorite....The 50 Gr. Nosler BT is also very good as are the 55 Gr. bullets...With a 50 Gr. V-Max, I can get about 3750 fps from a 22" barrel......Seating depth??? That will depend on your throat length and the length of your magazine well..Begin with a regular .223 Remington and fire it in the .223 AI chamber..This will fire form the case and will be ready to load as a .223 AI...If you are going to load your first .223 rem. cartridges, just use a maximum advertised load for fire forming ..If I can help any further, please feel free to let me know...George

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

Posts: 142 | Location: Jaccksonville, N. C. | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of phlatnum
posted Hide Post
George, Many, many thanks mate. I will follow your suggestions and let you know the outcome. Again ,many thanks.

Dean.

Posts: 2 | Location: Melbourne, Australia. | Registered: 14 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
dean

google graymist's varmint page, when it opens scroll to the right on the bottom of the page and look for loading data, click there and you will find all kinds of ackley data. good shootin'.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote