Find
Notify
Tools

Bad Experience With Suppllier
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted
I don't normally do this, but I am going to list the name and address of the worst military firearms supplier I have run across since 1968!

Military Gun Supply, Inc.
3815 East Loop 820 South
Fort Worth, Texas 76119
Phone 817-457-6000
Fax 817-457-6007

I sent them a signed copy of my FFL, a company check for the full amount of two NEW AK-47's, and all the other paperwork they required.

4 days later my check cleared my bank, but they informed me that they hold "personal" checks for 2 weeks.

Two weeks passed and they had no record of my order.

I sent several emails to them, and made a couple of phone calls. My emails were ignored, and my phone calls were answered with, "We do not notify dealers of the name of the carrier and we NEVER release a tracking number"!

They finally responded three days ago with a message that the firearms I ordered were in Billings and would be delivered "the next day". Well, three days have passed, and FedEx, USPS and UPS have no idea where my firearms are, and they have no record of anything being shipped to me from the above listed address.

This is one company that I would strongly suggest that EVERYONE stay totally away from.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Steve,

A good example of very bad business practices on their part. Thanks for posting.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ric

you may want to contact the attorney generals office in the state you ordered from and forward them receipts and bank statement showing the monies changed hands. The ATF may also want to investigate something of this nature.

And then again, I may be totally wrong.

Hope you get what you paid for. I must say, I have enjoyed your reloading pages.

HL

Posts: 265 | Location: Bulverde, Texas | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
Steve,
You may want to post your experience here http://www.gunboards.com/forums/default.asp in the feedback section. Military Gun Supply is a frequent advertiser on Tuco's site. Lots of us C&R folks hang out there. You might shake something loose if someone from MGS sees your post. MGS does post sales there from time to time.

Good Luck
ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't bother with the mail fraud aspect as the postal service seems intrested only in class action suites, not individual action.
Steve, you might give some thought to calling the local sheriff and chief of police in their locality. A knock on their door always gets someone's attention.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Steve-Sorry to hear of your woes, but thanks for alerting everyone to the situation. I'm not familiar with this outfit and have never ordered anything from them -- and after your experience, I probably never will.

I certainly hope this turns out for the best.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Okay...they arrived.

MGS is not totally at fault here. They did tell me that the rifles were shipping on the 8th, but the UPS shows differently.

In addition, UPS managed to screw-up the delivery. They sent them to the wrong place!

Date/
Time Location Activity

Aug 18, 2005
5:45 A.M.
WOLF POINT, MT, US
OUT FOR DELIVERY
3:15 A.M. WOLF POINT, MT, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Aug 17, 2005
11:57 P.M.
GLENDIVE, MT, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
11:54 P.M. GLENDIVE, MT, US ARRIVAL SCAN
8:45 P.M. BILLINGS, MT, US DEPARTURE SCAN
6:18 A.M. BILLINGS, MT, US ARRIVAL SCAN
2:35 A.M. HELENA, MT, US DEPARTURE SCAN
Aug 16, 2005
10:40 P.M.
HELENA, MT, US
ARRIVAL SCAN
7:00 P.M. CUTBANK, MT, US DEPARTURE SCAN
9:52 A.M. CUTBANK, MT, US AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY;THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE
5:37 A.M. CUTBANK, MT, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Aug 15, 2005
8:20 P.M.
BILLINGS, MT, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
10:42 A.M. BILLINGS, MT, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Aug 12, 2005
10:30 P.M.
COMMERCE CITY, CO, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
6:22 P.M. COMMERCE CITY, CO, US ARRIVAL SCAN
11:00 A.M. SALINA, KS, US DEPARTURE SCAN
6:32 A.M. SALINA, KS, US ARRIVAL SCAN
1:44 A.M. OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, US DEPARTURE SCAN
1:26 A.M. OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Aug 11, 2005
10:00 P.M.
FORT WORTH, TX, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
9:36 P.M. FORT WORTH, TX, US ORIGIN SCAN
4:49 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Double js
posted Hide Post
That's pretty scary that UPS delivered guns to the wrong place...
Thanks for the heads up though. Did you think about calling the Better Business Bureau?

Posts: 41 | Location: SW PA | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerHey Steve at least you didn't get a bunch of pricks jumping on you like they did me when I complained. Glad it worked out for you.

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
If that friggin' outfit would have given me the tracking number and the shipper, none of this would have taken place!

Then I cudda bitched about UPS!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerYeah you are right about that! All they had to do was supply you with the tracking info and you could track it your self. Glad you received the rifles!

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
I've had nothing but nightmares with UPS. Mad

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MGS has a store in Fort Worth near me and I walked in one morning to look around. A lot of military riles past and present. I picked out a 24/47 mauser in cherry condition and took it to the counter to buy it. It was marked 129.00 but the guy tried to charge me 159.00. Straightened that out and picked up some Yugo Heavy ball 8MM even though this action is slated to be a 376 Steyr. Tried to over charge me here too, moral Buyer Beware.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve, I don't think your original post was out of school at all. The seller has an obligation to keep you posted about delivery of product you have ordered--especially when they have already got your money. (cleared check) Never releasing a tracking number?! that is just flat assanine. Your situation is the whole reason and benefit for BOTH parties for having tracking numbers. Their lack of communication skills and arrogant attitude militate to less folks doing business with them.

Glad you finally got your gear.

Regards--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
Glad you got your stuff, finally! I'm no fan of UPS either. I once ordered a nice Morseth hunting knife for my son in CO from A.G. Russell in ARK. UPS "delivered" it to the wrong address, and apparently just left it on the porch some place. Never did find out where they left it, nor did we ever find it. Russell replaced the knife. I don't know who ended up paying for the second one. Hope it was UPS!!

SOMEONE sure got a nice knife for nothing - hope he/she was a hunter!!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote