New
Find
Notify
Tools

hehe...play loads!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I picked up a tin of 25cal(6.35mm) airgun slugs I accidenty purchased one time, and a wicked little thought came into my mind...
I could jam these into a 6mm bullet mouth!

So I happened to have a .243 handy in my reloading room, and tried a primer, no powder load. Bang! Cool. [Cool]

Well anyway, I went so far as setting the seater die so that it will do it slide then in and put a slight roll crimp on the mouth to hold it, it work a lot better than what I made up by by hand.

I also tried with 1grain of H110, it was consistent, (no misfires) but the accuray suffered [Wink]

Can this little game damage the throat/bore?

If it is safe I would have fun trying it with the 6PPC, as the little case might work better, though it is just a small rifle primer.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SEE can happen with as little as 3 grains of powder in the right conditions. I wouldn't use any powder.

How much do these things weigh? How much noise does make?

Have fun [Big Grin]

Posts: 101 | Location: Canada | Registered: 26 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
...a light "crak!" with just a primer, and a "Bang!" with 1grain of H110.

Take into account that I was shooting indoors, I can't tell you what the weigh right now, they are up in my shed, but I can check to see, I think I will make some up for the .222 for shooting around the house, try and get an accurate load out of it.

Sure is fun! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't use H110 for this purpose, there are too many warnings about not using reduced charges with this powder. Try Red Dot, Bullseye or Clays, the extremely fast burning pistol powders for these very light loads.

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
H110 is not the best powder for this.

H110 likes a full case, heavy bullet, and magnum primer to get lit.

Acording to Hodgdon, the wannings about H110 are not about detonation, but stuck bullets.

Trying to make up loads with H110 without a load book usually results in allot of un burned powder in the bore.

For making up wimpy loads, 2400, Unique, and Bullseye work best for me.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't get Unique, Clays or any of the "dot" series here, what can substitute these?

[ 04-06-2003, 16:14: Message edited by: EXPRESS ]

one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 04-06-2003, 16:15: Message edited by: EXPRESS ]