Notify
Tools

Re: Long packages under thee tree????
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted
My long box had a snow shovel in it.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Well! What did we get for Christmas??????
My long box had an Ohler in it

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
A 1910 Ross factory sporter in 280 Ross. Thanks Santa (and my wife ).

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
48" long box weighing about 10 Lbs and I was drooling for a week before opening it. Wifezilla was so pleased that I was so eager to get to it on Christmas morning. Yep, you guessed it. A stand up, wood and metal valet for my wallet, keys, pants and jacket for the bedroom. I didn't kill anyone.

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine was not wrapped as I had to buy my own gift and sneek it into the safe before she found out!!

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fjold,
I'm as disappointed as you after reading that one. Damn...

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
< !--color--> What's a snow shovel? They must be outlawed here in Southern California. Is that a short action or long action? Can you get one if you only have a C&R? roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

What's a snow shovel?

You use it to beat out the flames while your house is burning to the ground or to dig out from the inevitable mud slide that will follow.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Love it

posted Hide Post
I had a Howa 270 under my tree. Course I bought it myself.

Ca_Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
A Cabela's outback lodge 12 X 12 ft tent. Not a long gun, but it does use one long pole in the middle. Actually, I wanted this tent as a spike camp, fast CA camp, or extra sleeping quarters/spike tent for out of state muley chasing.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Taurus Bill
posted Hide Post
I wanted a .22 pistol, girfriend wanted a computer. I had to do all the legal stuff myself so I bought my own gun and she was going to buy her computer herself. We get online to order it and we find out her credit card is expired.

So what did I get for Christmas? A bill for $1100 and a .22 worth $275.

Merry F%$@ing Christmas!

Posts: 179 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 28 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
Damn Bill,

You must really lover her!!!

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My son got his first long pakage this year. I Daisy red ryder BB gun. , Not to shabby for being 8 months old! the only problem is goin to be to keep it in the box long enough for him to be old enough to open the box and shoot it.

Posts: 53 | Location: pittsburgh PA | Registered: 13 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My long box had a set of 357 Sig dies along with 5 boxes of bullets.

Rick

Posts: 178 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No long packages....just a long envolope. Contained the paperwork for the bear hunt that my wife booked for her and I next fall. Gotta love her!

Posts: 131 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 28 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
Mine was an envelope, too..from EABCO (my receipt) for a 26" 6.5-06 Ackley Imp barrel and an Encore receiver. The BOSS OK'd it (i wuz gonna do it anyway) . I had to order both myself, but Santa said he'd be back in about 10 weeks with my barrel...can't wait!

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Well, you guys got all those fancy long boxes for Christmas, but I have probably been the only one who has used mine SIX TIMES since Christmas morning!

So there!!

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Ya gotta love it.Ho Ho Ho Have a great 2004 Roger

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
My long box contained a Puma lever action in .454 Casull, stainless no less!!! Of course we have a long standing tradition in my house of buying ourselves something nice and putting it under the tree from Santa. I learned this from my father in law. Seemed to make sense to me. I can't wait to see what kind of velocity the rifle length barrel gives me over my Raging Bull.

bowhuntr

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
There were TWO under my tree One contained an M70 Classic Fwt, 280 Rem for me.

The other one wasn't mine It was for my nephew, and had a Bushmaster Limited Edition something or other "black rifle" AR15 type thingy. Oh well, to each his own, I guess. He likes the semi-auto types; I like good old bolt actions.

I hope everybody had the best of Holiday Seasons

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
No long package... but a short one with an LBT hardness tester and a copy of Veral's book. Happend to mention I wanted them to my wife and christmas morning there they were. I got a keeper second time around!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
chadr,

Tell him to be careful; he might shoot his eye out!

Sanity Clause suggested that I go to gunshow today and find something I liked. Found a nice Savage Striker 503F (blue steel, 5-round drop box) in .17HMR. Tried to resist, but those big, sorrowful eyes of the dealer got to me and I had to take it home. I'm such a softie...

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My long package was a cute Winchester 101 Pidgeon Grade XTR Featherweight in 20 ga. Actually I spotted it myself and my wife wrote the check so it never made it under the tree.

Posts: 63 | Location: Creighton, Nebraska | Registered: 19 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My long box will arrive via Fedex sometime in early 2004, a service grade Springfield Armory M1 Garand from CMP, along with a case of Lake City 72 30-06 M2 ball...

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Hook67>
posted
My little bride of 34 years pulled a sneaky one on me and beat me to a Brno Model 22f that I was lusting after. She convinced the owner to tell me it wasn't for sale and then I found it under the tree. Happy Days!

The great part was that it wasn't my best gift. After all the gift opening was over, my daughter told us that we were going to be grandparents (our first grandchild)!

My cup truely runneth over this Christmas.

one of us
posted Hide Post
An early 1950's M70 in 300 H&H!

Congratulations Hook!!!

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote