Find
Notify
Tools

American Rifleman
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
fishingI have about 25 issues of the American Rifleman from the 60s. I know some are 50 years old. If anyone is willing to pay shipping they're yours.If you are young it'll portray a whole different American gun world to you. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Golden Age of firearms , Eh Roger !.

I donated about 600 lb. of National Geographic, Australian Geographic , Scientific America

Fine Home Building and Wooden Boat and a few others , too a local library .

The rest of my " Gun Rags " of 40 plus years , That NO one wanted so they went too Recycling !.

archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I had every issue of Shooting Times, Guns, Guns & Ammo, and the American Rifleman. When no one wanted them for their libraries, I took them to the local VA hospital. They were really glad to get them.

I kept Rifle, Handloader, and Precision Shooting, of which I also have every issue.

When I get ready to move them out, will probably make a repeat run to the VA.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
fishingI have about 25 issues of the American Rifleman from the 60s. I know some are 50 years old. If anyone is willing to pay shipping they're yours.If you are young it'll portray a whole different American gun world to you. beerroger

Sent you a PM Bartsche. I was going through my wifes grandfathers stuff ( He's been gone since 1974) and i found a reciept today for 2 boxes of bullets for .338 and .38 and the total for both was $13.76! It was from 1973. Pretty cool.

Posts: 442 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornPM response sent beerroger.

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote